March 7, 2011
WHAT IS INTIMIDATION?
Intimidation is the use of actions, words and sometimes looks that are meant to frighten, scare and/or bully a person. (Past use of physical violence increases the impact of intimidation on her).
WHAT ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF INTIMIDATION?
– Giving angry looks and stares that mean, “You’re going to be sorry for this.”
– Slamming doors, throwing things, punching or kicking walls or furniture.
– Standing in a way to crowd her or stand over her in an intimidating way.
– Yelling and screaming.
– Walking around like you are about to blow up so everyone has to walk on eggshells around you.
– Tearing up or ruining things she gave you or you gave her.
IN THE SPACE PROVIDED, WRITE OUT 4 EXAMPLES OF HOW YOU HAVE INTIMIDATED YOUR PARTNER: